Lumbar Fusion Surgery in Beaumont, TX
If you have already received a diagnosis that requires lumbar fusion surgery in Beaumont, TX, or if you are simply looking for the best place for lumbar fusion surgery in Beaumont, TX, the following tips are for you. Suffering from severe back pain and being limited by that pain can be very frustrating and discouraging. If you have already tried the many non-surgical treatments without success and are looking for places that do lumbar fusion surgery in Beaumont, you have come to the right place.
Lumbar fusion surgery is usually performed after patients fail to achieve pain relief from more conservative treatments. The goal of this type of surgery is to ease pain and return as much mobility as possible to the patient, not save a life, so it is actually considered an “elective” surgery. However, for people suffering back pain, “elective” might be the wrong term.
Why Some People Choose NOT to have Lumbar Fusion Surgery in Beaumont, TX
Sometimes lumbar fusion surgery gets a bad rap. This is because on occasion, this type of surgery fails to provide the intended relief, or it causes further deterioration of the discs in the spine beyond the originally affected area. The number one reason this happens is because of incorrect diagnosis. Finding a great facility with knowledgeable doctors and staff increases the odds that your surgery is successful.
So, how do you go about choosing the best place for lumbar fusion surgery in Beaumont TX?
3 Things You Should Do When Searching for Places that Do Lumbar Fusion Surgery in Beaumont
Making the decision to have back surgery is hard enough. Finding a reputable surgeon that you trust can be even more difficult. We have put together a short list of three things you should always do when looking for a facility to perform your surgery.
1. Don’t be shy about asking question about the surgeon’s qualifications and experience with lumbar fusion surgery.
The most important questions you should ask include:
- How many times have you actually performed this procedure? As you probably already know, when it comes to doing anything right, practice makes perfect. If the doctor you have chosen has done the procedure many times, chances are he’s pretty good at it.
- Are you board certified or board eligible? Most doctors have certificates on the wall letting you know the answer to this one.
- Are you fellowship trained? If the doctor you choose is fellowship trained, especially in lumbar fusion surgery, it shows he is dedicated to your care and wellbeing.
- Who do you recommend I see for a second opinion? A reputable doctor should not have a problem with you seeking a second opinion, and even be able to give you references.
- What is your success rate for this type of surgery?
- Is it OK if I speak to a few of your previous patients who have had the same procedure? This might require some extra paperwork because of privacy practices, but the surgeon should not have a problem with it as long as his patients don’t.
2. Verify the skills and expertise of your surgeon first.
Asking the doctor about his experience and skills is a good start, but to be really trusting of his ability, you should do a little research before placing your wellbeing in his hands. The Internet is full of good information, but keep in mind that just because it is on the Internet does not make it true. Use your best judgment, and only rely on information you know comes from a trusted source. If the doctor is really good or really bad, there is bound to be people talking about him online.
3. Get a second opinion, but realize it is not always the best opinion.
Many people believe you should not get back surgery until you have gotten a second opinion. While this seems like sage advice, it can lay the groundwork for doubt and confusion. Get a second opinion if you want to, but be sure to weigh the advice of both surgeons against how you feel physically and mentally, and make a decision that makes the most sense to you. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.
Spine Tech Lumbar Fusion Surgery in Beaumont, TX
Choosing who does your lumbar fusion surgery is a decision that should not be taken lightly. We are certain that with the help of the tips we have supplied above, you will find the right doctor. If you are not sure about making this decision yourself, you can call our helpful staff and inquire about Spine Tech lumbar fusion surgery in Beaumont TX. Spine Tech lumbar fusion surgery is performed by reputable surgeons who are specifically trained in the procedure. Our doctors are licensed and highly experienced in spinal surgery. We keep up with the latest advancements in corrective spinal techniques to be sure you get the best care possible with the least amount of discomfort. We offer several types of traditional and minimally invasive procedure options, which allows us to choose the one that best suits your individual needs.
When you are in pain and unable to complete your daily tasks due to back pain, spinal fusion surgery may be the only option for relief. Be sure you choose the best surgeon for the task to ensure your best chances for success. Call Spine Tech and see how we can help you achieve a pain-free existence once again.